February Cancer Care Service Project
The Satchels of Caring Foundation creates satchels filled with therapeutic items. The foundation then provides them to cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy treatment. Volunteers design and make each beautiful satchel. Doctor’s offices and outpatient centers distribute most satchels. However, you can also hand deliver a bag to friends and family members.
Recently our office staff went and spent some time helping out. First, we assembled bags designed for teenage cancer patients. Next, we tagged satchels that were headed to their destination. Finally, we organized buttons by color. And there were a lot of buttons!.
Each satchel for cancer patients includes:
- first, a soft turban from Hats for You
- next, a scarf with tying instructions from Anokhi USA
- support literature
- prescription drug assistance brochure
- in addition, hand/body creams and lip balm
- inspirational literature
- tissue packets from IHR Boston International
- blank notecards designed by Nadia Zolak, breast cancer survivor
- finally, a journal donated by committee members and friends
- and, a lovely bookmark highlighting “Writing Down Your Soul” by Janet Conner. Click here: http://janetconner.com/tp40/page.asp?id=268354 for more information on Janet and her program.
Kim Ford, founder of Found Adviosrs, is an original women who formed the organization back in 2003. At the time, a close family member had breast cancer. Kim drove her to chemotherapy treatments. As a result, this experience inspired Kim to do something to make treatment easier.
After that, it was only a matter of time. She came up with the idea. Next, Kim got a team together to help. Finally, Satchels of Caring was born! In conclusion, Found Advisors happily serves such an amazing group. If you’re interested in learning more, give us a call!